Monday, April 27, 2009

Intel video on a Dell 1510 (or anything else with X3100)

Wow - what a pain. Apparently the drivers for X3100 that ship with anything after 10.5.2 do not work with QE/CI, so you need to load up the 10.5.2 version and erase the Integrated Framebuffer kernel extension.

However once you have it loaded up all is good. I discovered this the hard way - I ordered a Vostro 1510 for a friend off of ebay and when I went to load it up I discovered that it did not have nvidia video. oops.

Also I discovered that the Dell 139x wireless works just fine and I didn't need to order that Atheros card from Hong Kong. again... oops. But the Atheros card is much faster, so I'll have a use for it. I am sure I will post it here.

Speaking of Dell wireless, the drivers on the iPC disc work much better then the ones on the iDeneb disc, although the iDeneb distribution in general work better for the 1510.

No comments:

Post a Comment